Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 January 2012

Found some nice old silver

We are at Nelson after being in the Marlborough Sounds,what a great place plenty of fish and mussels,but alas not much old goodies,but I had a bit of good luck here at Richmond at an old camp ground in the racecourse,we are looking at staying here a while as there is a lot of work in the apple packing sheds etc (not finding enough to keep the wolves from the door hehe).


 The coins are two sixpences one is 1867 the other 1908,I think the 1867 is the oldest coin I have found yet,the threepence is pretty worn I can just make out the letters 18?9.The oldest penny 1875 and the shilling 1917,also the 1933 florin.The old sixpence,threepence and penny were all in the same hole,I guess some one lost them many moons ago at the races or A & P show.I took a deep breath with the Aussie penny for a moment it looked like it was dated 1950,unfortunatly after a good clean up all was revealed..... 1952 ahh well I was still a happy chappie with what I had found......  

3 comments:

  1. You found some nice looking silver there Jim.
    My father ran the Citrus packing shed in Kerikeri for many years, yonks ago now of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, what a nice haul of coins, I would hang around there a while if I were you, there is probably plenty more to be found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds :) Looking out for when ya hit ChCh ;)

    ReplyDelete