Total Pageviews

Monday 23 April 2012

Back to the beach...GOLD...YIPPEEEEEEE




I just had to go back, as all the holiday familys have gone back home,I went back over the same area again but this time quite a bit slower and intentional,listening to those deeper sounds,one thing I have learnt is to run the etrac on all metal in the sand, and dig most signals.The gold ring (9ct) come up 12:15 if I was in a park I probably would have ignored that, as it is identical to a tear tab.Problem is now I am thinking heck how many fine gold rings have I missed in the past,ah well I will just have to go back to all them spots again,what a tough decision.There is two pictures of the rings, before, and after they were cleaned up, roughly that is the other rings are all silver and $19 in goldies.Thanks Guy you were right about there being gold in this spot,a bit disappointing as a quick test shows that the stones in the gold ring are not diamonds,but I am still a happy chappie.

5 comments:

  1. Good one Jim.
    The ET numbers are interesting as the gold I got on Sunday was a steady 12:35 for 18k. Also a lady on the beach put her engagement ring down and asked me to scan it. It did not register at all in my disc pattern so either my disc pattern is too tight or perhaps it was not a gold ring. Decided mot to mention that possibility with her husband standing there too. It did register on all metal with a very low tone that I had not heard before. So now I suspect I have probably missed quite few too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,yeah gold is interesting I read on Finds Treasure forum of a guy who found a ladies gold ring the TID was 12:03,wow that is the same as those annoying silver tearoff tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Jim.............There will be more I'm sure. All the gold I've ever dug came in at pull tab numbers..or just above, annoying but then sometimes you get a very nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes some gold is really low.. 02 - 03, like platinum, just a low grunt... my big 18k ring came in exactly like a dollar coin.. I was sure it was a dollar, so that was probably my biggest metal detecting surprise... I just dig anything with a clean tone... or if the ground is hot or messy I go by the numbers. Good collection of silver... if only gold was as easy to spot as silver...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds Jim :) congrats on the gold :) HH!

    ReplyDelete