Total Pageviews

Monday 22 October 2012

Looking for that buried cache

Travelling around up in  beautiful Northland,managed a quick detect at the Dargaville racecourse,this place has been well done over,but still managed around $12 and the two silvers (florin and shilling).Turns out this is not the original course and only dates back to the early '50s.The previous track having been built on now.
  Tried two of the more popular beaches up here, ended up with lots of 1c and 2c pieces along with the usual older 50c and 20c,lots and lots of more sinkers that I have been making use of,managing fish for every 2nd meal.

  Without going into to much detail I went looking on a friends property up here that was suspected of having buried $,unfortunatly all I turned up was a few cents and the old brass ford radiator cap.Thats not to say the goodies are not there,maybe just out of MD range.Thats what I like to think anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder which Ford that cap came off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure Chris my guess is an old tractor as the site is close to the beach.

    ReplyDelete