Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 August 2013

WOW I FOUND A BEAUTY

YEEHAA I FOUND MY DREAM FIND
WOW I am still buzzing,I went to the old railway station in the picture,i found a few older pennies and other bits when I got this really good hit (12:20),thinking it was just another old teartab I dug it up carelessly,when I saw the shin of gold I thought that's strange a dollar coin that deep and its still nice and shiney.As soon as I picked it up I knew what it was,well my legs turned to jelly,I went light headed,and leapt around like a spring lamb,just aswell there was no one around I think they would have locked me up.I just had to go to the pub and have a fix,till my knees stopped knocking.It is a 1908 gold sovereign 22 kt minted here in Perth.



I went back and spent another hour at the same spot,thinking it might have been part of a hidden cashe.
But hey I was more than happy with just the one,Thats one more tick off the bucket list Sorry about the quality of the pics I'm still shaking haha.......KJ
Attached Images Attached Images     

9 comments:

  1. Bloody well done Jim.
    Be nice to see the pics too. Not displaying on my screen.


    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Chris,pics up now hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim.
      What a cool place to hunt. Bet there is still somthing lurking there.

      Delete
  3. Well that is hard to top,looks in good nick as well

    Don't let those Aussies at customs nab it on the way back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic going Jim!!!! The ultimate detector score. The only way to top that find is to dig up another....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yip Grant that would be nice,I will certainly be trying my best, four more of them and I can bring back a CTX3030 haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesnt get much better than that... Im still waiting for my turn :).. if you would double check the etrac number I would love to put that to memory...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim, Congrats! you have joined the club of G.sov finders..! i hope i can join that one soon as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the credits,I am still buzzing over it this coin is the prettiest coin I have ever found and in great condition,would you believe there were 4.8 million of these produced in perth alone in 1908,my theory is there has to be a few more hiding somewhere around here.
    Brett I did an air test and it repeatedly came up 12:31,but when I first located it the TID was 12:20 (teartab)...I try not to think about how many of these I have passed over.....

    ReplyDelete