Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Finds from the beach for the last three outings

This week I have been starting work at 4pm,so I leave home around 2 hours earlier and have a bit of a detect at different parts of our local beach,as we have such a massive coastline I doubt that I  could cover it all in a lifetime.
  Nothing really special was found other than the watch (still goes ok) about $60 for the 3 trips,it all adds up and will go towards my next detector,around 20% of the small change is badly corroded,but to those of you that aren't aware the reserve bank will accept and pay out on any money including old out of circulation coins,so it is worth saving all those old 10c,20,and 50c coins they soon add up....cheers jim

4 comments:

  1. Well done, yes the old decimal certainly does add up, I now have close to $200 worth so will be cashing it in at the Reserve Bank next time I'm in Wellington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shift work sure suits detecting eh.
    I suppose you would have the beach all to yourself mostly too.
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a US cent there... I find heaps of them ... So what is your next detector going to be.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brett,I can't quite decide on the next detector,either an etrac or a sovereign,pretty sure I will go with the sovereign as they are designed primarily for the beach and now I am doing most of my mding in the sand....cheers jim

    ReplyDelete