Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 September 2011

Finally got an Etrac

Well I saved up all those coins that I have found and splashed out and bought an Etrac.We were in Aussie last week on holiday and checked out a MD shop in Gympie,they just happened to have one in stock,I gave it a whirl along Surfers coastline and found a few coins and a nice .925 silver ring.

 I am just running it in all metal mode until I learn to drive it (more complex than the xterra),had a few anxious moments coming through customs but with the rugby on and big crowds they just waved us through.Very happy with it in the wet sand which is the main reason I brought it, but it sure is going to be a long learning curve.....

5 comments:

  1. That is good news Jim and a great first hunt.
    I have had mine about 6 months and am just starting to feel more in control with it but not claiming to have tamed it yet. HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the upgrade and first hunt with the new machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh.... ETrac's are taking over the world! :)

    You have a good machine there, I'm struggling with the V3i's learning curve but think baby steps are the way to go to avoid overloading the brain.

    Nice ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be neat to get to Aussie and go detecting, apparently there is gold just all over the place in the outback.. next time I visit my uncle in Roxby downs I'll grab some. As for learning the etrac? I would start off in one of the standard programs.. beach maybe in your case.. all metal is probably the trickiest to start off with as your hearing every single little thing.. actually at the beach where there isnt to much junk it would be good... I really only use it in the bark parks to pick up our 10 , 20 and 50cent as well as the goldies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I thought the E trac was a hard learn but I suspect that V3i maybe even tougher. Jim to start you might find the standard minelab coins setting quite good for park and beach but set to manual sensitivity wound back a bit for the beach. My unit had a factory threshold setting way too high to - damm hum just about drove me bonkers till I found the adjustment on my first hunt.
    HH

    ReplyDelete