Total Pageviews

Friday 4 May 2012

A choice possie





I have spent 2 part days waving the magic wand over two new spots,one is pretty overgrown and fairly hard going but the goodies are there,like Guys spot it needs a herd of sheep to trim the terf a bit,the second spot not to far from the first produced mostly goldies and a few penny's,all up around $60 in $1 and $2 coins plus lots of older penny's,a couple are young victoria heads (still working on the dates),my first gothic florin  (still working on the date on this also),plus the other silvers.The 4 aussie penny's and the military buttons were all close to one another,I suspect this my have been a training ground at some stage.We just had a pretty quick visit to this spot,so it is on my wish list for another visit,the etrac sure is a gun on anything silver and those deeper copper coins,I dont think a day goes by when I dont learn a bit more about its capabilitys.

4 comments:

  1. "the etrac sure is a gun on anything silver and those deeper copper coins"
    Yep I agree.
    Buttons, old silver and spendables - what a great hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that is a lot of coin! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a doozie of a spot there Jim, obviously by the coinage you dug there are at least 2 phases of history there. The gothic florin is a score, that is on my wish list!
    Cheers and HH.

    ReplyDelete