Total Pageviews

Friday 1 March 2013

Number 10 gold for the year......unbelievable

After my recent run on gold rings,I would not have expected to see any more for another month or more,would you believe it, I was detecting at Shakespear bay,picking up the odd coin or two,when I get another good solid 12-22 this time, thinking it was a teartab I quickly dug it up only to see a glint of gold.The two wee silvers were in a small washed out area along with the older 20c bits.
 We are on the road to Whitianga tomorrow only have another 8 weeks in NZ then off to Perth to work for the winter (put $ back in the bank, the gold is not quite enough).


 The other day when I found the Ladies gold ring a Father with his young daughter were watching me,I guess she was around 4 years old,when I showed them the ring she asked to hold it,thinking that woudn't be a problem I popped into her hand.What a mistake that was,the little sod wouldn't give it back again, She started to throw a real tantram screaming and crying,her dad was thrown right out of gear,I had visions of the little beggar throwing it away into the long grass.In the end I said I will do you a deal and held out my hand,and said I will swop the ring for what is in my hand,she then handed it over and I promptly dropped a sad looking old sinker into her hand as an exchange,Haha the look on her face was priceless her jaw dropped 2 feet and away she went again into tantram land.The poor dad was very apologetic.About then I decided it was cup of tea time....sure was funny

2 comments:

  1. Gosh your running hot on the gold Jim.
    Like the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again! I wonder what that little girl will be like in 20 years time.... :)

    Buffalo Beach was very sanded in a few weeks ago, but if its still like that then the Brophey's side(far end)could be scoring out enough for some good finds.

    ReplyDelete