Total Pageviews

Monday 20 May 2013

News from Aussie

We are living at a small WA town called Gingin,about 70km North of Perth,still waiting for number one grandchild to arrive,should be anyday now.I just had to call into a metal detecting shop here for a noisy,boy o boy do these guys have some gear available,most of it of course targets the serious gold hunter,and there is a lot of people doing that.GPX5000's are everywhere.The guy tried to sell me a new Deus,I must admit they are pretty remarkable with there wireless concept,and super light to handle,but of course they no good for the beach hunter that likes to wade in knee deep water,as the electrical pulse is broken by the water.
 The owner of the shop invited me to a detecting comp he and minelab were putting on,I turned up at 9.30am along with around 120 others,some were very experienced and around half were newbies,but we all had a great day (I managed to find two of the four hidden targets).But the best part was the raffles 3 tickets for $20 gave me a shot at three prizes of new detectors 1st was a CTX3030,2nd an XTERRA 705,3rd an XTERRA 305,all great prizes,would you believe I was one number off winning the CTX,,$#@%.Ah well,it was great to see all of the prizes went to new detectorists.Today I went to a very old park in town,athough I didn't find any ild coins I was expecting to get,I was more than happy with the results,the gold ring is a little cracker.


3 comments:

  1. You seem to be a gold magnet now Jim. Better get a 5000 and get out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you end up with a CTX anyway,should have bought more raffle tickets
    Be interesting to see how well the beaches over there produce

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to see a Kiwi over there detecting for a change :)

    ReplyDelete