Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 May 2013

Some nice silver coins

We stayed at Waihi for a night,lots of old houses here  with untouched back yards,just itching to be detected on.I spent a bit of time at an old park an came up with the old silver coins and a few pennys,strange thing is that the pennys don't match the years of the silver coins,I suspect there may have been a fair here in the early days,the ground has been turned over at some stage and all the coins were well spread out,I initially thought the ring was a goodie but a quick clean changed that,all the silver coins cleaned up real well as can be seen.

  

6 comments:

  1. Gee those silvers are really crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good day for you Jim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about Waihi, I've drooled a few times when driving through. Nice silvers esp the English ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yip they all cleaned up pretty good,and I managed not to damage any this time....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad lived in Waihi... I got to detect the park twice before he moved away.. found my first Victorian penny there. Dad recons there is a local that he used to see detecting the park, but I was finding things pretty easily. Didnt have the etrac then, would be neat to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these coins are looking fantastic thanks for the sharing.

    http://www.militarychallengecoins1.com/

    ReplyDelete