Total Pageviews

Monday 29 April 2013

Talk about a stroke of luck

We stopped at a small beach on the eastern side of lake Taupo,It is just a small picnic area generally only used by fishermen,skiers etc,I said to my wife I will just give this beach a quick detect be back in 15 minutes (yeah right),10 minutes later the first signal I got was a 12-13 and it was a tear tab,20 seconds later another 12-13,feeling not to enthused I dug my toes into the sand and gave it a flick,and out pops this nice wee ladys ring,well I spent another 30 minutes on that beach without any results.Sure did make my day.There is no karat markings on it but no doubt it is gold.With three sapphires.

2 comments:

  1. Gee this is getting hard to take Jim.
    Detecting with your toes !!!!!!
    Well done again.

    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your campervan is becoming paved in gold!

    Taupo is where I'm headed to today so hope you left me something! Want to do the water of the main beach - will be at Reids Farm tonight if you are still in the area (look for a Blue Great Wall & Oztent).

    ReplyDelete