Total Pageviews

Monday 22 April 2013

Gold?

I had a detect back at Whangaparoa (Algies beach),At a guess this beach is pretty well picked over,as the usual finds of $1 and $2 coins just were not there,So I slowed right down to a snails pace and dug virtually every signal but ferrous,The earring was 8" down and although it is not marked other than a makers name (Reola) At least I think that is the name its a bit faded,also managed the two STD dog tags and a few dollars that were down real deep.


6 comments:

  1. Where would I rather be? At work or digging a gold ear ring 8" down. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's heavy enough for its size to be gold. Worth taking the time to test even if by specific gravity if you don't have access to the acids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grant,the more I look at it the more I am sure it is gold,I will get jeweller to check it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what numbers did the etrac give?, if gold im guessing around a 12-15 for something of that weight ... sure looks like gold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Brett,sorry I really don't recall exactly,as it was pretty deep the first indicating signals were fluctuating.....Hold all tickets I just went out and tried it came in at a solid 12-23....cheers

    ReplyDelete