Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2011

A bit of a mixed bag

What a great evening, the sea was flat as, and the sunset superb.The temp sure dropped when the sun went down,would you believe I found nothing for the first hour just tear tabs etc.Then came across another eftpos site just a small area about 30  X 20 metres in the dry sand included in the haul were
a halfpenny and two threepences they are all in the 1950's so not old but in good condition.70% of the coins I find at the beach are corroded,half an hour on the wire buff generally cleans them up pretty good.But I wouldn't do that with any older coin or artifact.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! I cleaned out my primary Eftpos site last weekend, picked up around $65 in goldies over 2 days. Went back Mon and last night for a total of $4. Gotta find another machine full of cash I think. I'm sure the beaches here are full of goldies but the (almost) pure iron sand is way too much for my detector.

    ReplyDelete