Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 February 2013

Gold no: 9

First a note on a air ring recovery I tried,but a little background first.I got a call from Alan at Tauranga to say he had tried to find a lost air ring with no success,and on trying the existing air ring on the etrac there was no response at all,I had a thought that my Xterra 705 that has a pretty sensitive gold setting may be able to locate it.At the owners house a quick ground balance and a wave over the serviving air ring gave no result at all,apparently it is white gold and clearly marked 9kt (see pic).Anyone have any thoughts?As this has me stumped.....also has me thinking what else I (we) are missing......hmmmmm.


  Back at Shakespear bay for a few hours and found gold no:9 for the year ( I counted wrong on the last post)

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the ring Jim, now see if you can catch Max. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try the 705 opened right up with no discrimination or test it with a magnet? You're finding gold rings so I'm thinking the earring might be just 9ct plated over junk metal?

    By the way I have a few job interviews in your area next week & its looking likely for a move to Tauranga / Mount soon. Enough room on the beaches for a V3i? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Grant,yip tried it with no disc at all and also in gold mode which is super sensitive,but not even a single beep,she assures me they are the genuine thing and certainly look the part,but even if they are junk the detectors would pick them up.Good luck with the job it would be great to catch up at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm did you try in pinpoint mode.. I have found some really tiny things that way with the etrac... needs to be touching the coil though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brett,no I did not try that,might be worth another go.

    ReplyDelete