Total Pageviews

Monday 18 February 2013

Two golds in two days......yippeee

Here are again back at the Mount for a few days,just had an excellant few weeks celebrating my wifes 60th birthday with a cruise around NZ then to Tasmania,Melbourne,Sydney.Then a great week with no1 son and his lovely lady in Surfers,Wouldn't you know it Surfers just had 5 metre swells and the beach is very scalloped out and looking good for detecting........did I take a detector....dont ask.After a bit of sulking I managed to get over it.



 Back at the Mt and talking to Allan (etrac user) learned of a lost valuable ring,so a plan was hatched with Allan,Colin (CTX owner) and myself to try a recovery operation,At the beach at 7am and an extensive grid search was tried,unfortunatly there was no loud YEE HAA'S...Later that evening I tried an older section of beach that produced a few dollars and my 6th gold ring 9kt for the year,the following evening I was back to the main beach on the low tide and turned up no 7 for the year this is a chunky ring marked 414 I assume that is 12kt . Also a wee silver ring, and a no go 18kt plated ladies watch.The two rings are going on a three month probation to Mr Plod,hopefully I will get them back again.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the gold x2! Just goes to show you don't need to go all the way to Surfers to find it, your back door is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grant,you are right,fish your feet first my dad always said.I have just done a bit of research looks like no 2 ring is 10kt not 12,still more than happy with that.....cheers

      Delete
  2. Excellent result Jim.
    How many more to fund the next cruise. :-)


    ReplyDelete